Friday, May 10, 2013

just your average month

hanging with friends.


drinking cocoa on a chilly afternoon "in pineville" with jingle the husky pup.


eating grapes on safari with my baby simba in his sling. (mom note: her sling, sorry. HER sling.)


AUNTIE COURTNEY BOUGHT ME LICORICE!!! if you want a $24 cat toy with a manufacturing cost of six cents, the american girl store has you covered. I KNOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER!!!


auntie also bought me these minnie ears, counterfeit version $6 at the farmer's market. doesn't dad look fab? disneyland sells them for $20.


good thing auntie recouped some cost because she needs more shoes. i went into her closet for the first time and - completely unprompted - screamed "SHOE PARTY!" before helping myself. my mom, as i love to say, "looked a little nervous."


i also enjoyed a jewelry party in nana's dresser. my mom remembers this drawer as being off limits for her entire childhood. i guess nana just trusts me more.


i watched the kentucky derby with poppy. i wanted to put all my money on a horse named charming kitten, so i guess it's a good thing i don't have any money. who needs it when everyone just buys you shit all the time, am i right?


i could totally be a jockey, if i ever get up to 114 pounds. only 90 pounds to go! i was obviously born to wear goggles.


i surprised mom by writing this on my easel. i may only be two, but i know that my signature will increase the market value of this study for a work i call ants playing ring around the rosy. can you say masterpiece? i can't yet.


(mom note: i have actual stories to tell, but regrettably this is not the week. in the meantime, wishing you all a happy mother's day with your loved ones. i still can't believe this adorable child was once, like, a mutant in my stomach.)

2 comments:

  1. hell yeah...so excited to finally see licorice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the pics but, best of all, love the last sentence. I seriously say that all the time about Jack? How did he go from blob to genius? ;-)

    ReplyDelete